So simple to make, this delicious, creamy tomato soup recipe creates a fresh, warming soup The all time favourite tomato soup is now made simple and quick to prepare with this easy tomato soup recipe. The thick, tangy and healthy tomato soup.
- Tomatoes - 3
- Beetroot - a small piece
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Ginger - 1/2 inch size
- Bayleaf - a small piece
- Cinnamon stick - 1/4 inch in size
- Cloves - 1
- Salt - as required
- Water - 2 .5cups
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Corn Flour - 1 tsp
- Cream - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Add little butter in a deep pan, add tomatoes,beetroot, ginger, garlic, bayleaf, cinnamom, cloves, cook till tomatoes are tender.
- Grind the mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Strain using a medium sized hole strainer and keep aside. Cut bread slices into small squares and toast/deep fry them until crispy and make it ready and keep aside.
- In a pan melt butter in low flame then add cornflour and saute until the flour turns slightly brown. Now add the grinded tomato pulp and mix thoroughly.
- Add water if necessary(if the soup is very thick) and keep stirring in low flame. Check salt at this stage adjust accordingly. Allow it for a single boil and then switch off.
- Serve hot with pepper powder and garnish with cream/milk.